SmartPak is heading to London! We’ll be covering the games like only we can (that would be from a slightly weird, but seriously fun, rider’s perspective). From Friday, July 27th, through Friday, August 10th, we’ll be bringing you non-stop coverage, including blogs, photos, videos, tweets, Facebook updates and even a nightly broadcast on the USEF Network!
So who’s this “we” anyway? I’m so glad you asked! (I know I actually asked, but let’s not get technical here). The team heading over will be:
• Me, Sarah Paull, aka “SP,” “Brand Manager,” “Stuff Riders Say girl” and “that loud one over there.”
• Colby Balazs, aka “The Colbster,” “VP, Marketing,” and “no, it’s pronounced Baal-Az.”
I am honestly so excited I don’t even know where to begin! Some people suggested beginning with packing, but packing is just not that fun, especially when I finally have an excuse to buy Dubarrys!
OK, exclamation point overload… let’s slow things down a bit. Here’s what you need to know to stay up to date on all the London coverage:
• Like us on Facebook – we’ll be posting updated blogs and new photos and videos every day.
• Catch up with me on Twitter – If you want to hear the “Stuff Riders Say” in London, follow me on Twitter @SmartPakerSarah (haven’t seen the Stuff Riders Say videos yet? Dig it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN5TyS-KYao)
• Tune into the USEF Network – We’ll be doing a nightly broadcast (exact TBD based on the schedule of events that day) on the USEF Network. Check them out: http://www.USEFNetwork.com/ and like them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/USEFNetwork to stay up to date on all things Team USA.
• Show your USA pride: Snag one of our On Course to London Trucker Hats and your FREE Dressage is #1 Foam Finger to make sure everyone knows exactly which events you’ll be watching this summer.
Colby and I are busily working to get all the last-minute stuff together (and, oh, y’know, doing our actual jobs), but in the meantime, we want to hear from YOU! We’ll be putting up a post on Facebook asking for your thoughts/ideas/suggestions for coverage – basically anything and everything you want to see while we’re over there. We can’t promise we’ll get it all (I’d be up for breaking into the IOC-guarded stables, but my mom would be super-bummed if I went to jail. Though being in a London jail sounds posher than being in a jail over here in the states…)
Anywho, keep your eyes out for that post or leave your suggestion here in the comments. I can’t wait to hear from you!!