The Name Game – 2012′s Top Horse Names

Got a “Jack” in your barn? You’re not alone!

Every year, thousands of horse owners discover the peace of mind and convenience that come with the SmartPaks supplement feeding system. That means that every year we get to welcome thousands of new horses into the SmartPaks “stable.” And as every rider knows, a new horse in the barn means a new name to learn. The names we hear range from the run of the mill to a little more “creative” (just yesterday we welcomed “Doodle” and “Her Majesty”).

As part of our year-end tradition, we compiled a list of the top 100 horse names for the last year. Check out the list and see if your horse’s name made the cut!

Pak Fact: The names with *’s are shared by SmartPakers’ horses!

1. Jack
98. Lola
99. Hank
100. Junior

Posted in Blogs, SmartPak Features

78 comments on “The Name Game – 2012′s Top Horse Names
  1. Ketana says:

My Lucky made the list. I get a “zero” for originality but it was the only part of his track name I could use as a stable name…and he is Lucky because he was pulled out of the slaughter yard. Thanks Smartpak!!!! for the supps and for the fun posts!

2. Samantha G. says:

Glad to see MY “Bean” Is unique!!! hate having a Common name ! <3

3. Phyllis Lackey says:

I did not see two of our horses names which is nice. Thier names are Pinto and Little Man. We also have a Sassy. :))

4. Dianne F says:

Well, we have a Missy from the list, but also have Shiloh that’s not on it.

5. G.Charron says:

My horses’ names are Pepper, Stuffy, Pretty and Punky and Cowboy is already there…

6. Glenda says:

We have an Elway, Della and a Lola. :) I didn’t see any of these either. :)

7. Terri says:

We have Black Jack, Sophie, and Lola. Didn’t see Black Jack on the list. :)

8. Taryn S says:

My horses:
    Ojoysie – Joysie
    Pool House – Cue
    Happy Dayz – Harlie (filly of 2012)
    Ardimas – Ardie (colt of 2012)

But my mom does have a Dakota (I call her the crazy paint horse :) )

9. Missy Bessette says:

Both my first name, Missy, and my maiden name, Rose, are on the list. However my horse’s name, Eli, is not. Go figure…

10. Lisa Freeman says:

My horse is named Zatara. I bet that there is not another horse, atleast in the U.S., with the same name. I challenge anyone to tell me it;s origin and what it means!

11. Sheri says:

Well I have the Cody and Honey and had a Sassy but have 3 not on the list Trouble, Tag and my 2012 filly Spicy. Nice to know I have a couple of originals

12. Hallie says:

Hmm…we have Reno, Tonka, Jamie, and Scotti and Red…pretty original, I guess (not Red or Reno)

13. Emma says:

My horses name made it.. #7, Chance…. whooooooo hoooooo…..

14. Jessica says:

I have a Ginger, an Oliver and an Ameera. Ameera isnt on here :)

15. Olivia says:

I have Diamond and Wesley, neither on the list!!! Diamond doesn’t seem too original, but its not in the list!!

16. unknown says:

We have a Nullah. She is a 12 year old riding pony, saddle pony and welsh. She has won at the Grand Nationals before. That’s not on the list :)

Please reply if you have a pony with the same name

Thxs

17. Sarah says:

I know a (gypsy)’ rose’ but not a rosie, and a jacob we called jake or jakey, he was sold though, those are mybtwo favorite horzes

18. McKenna says:

My horses!!:
    Carlton (Nikko)
    Solaris (Sol)
    Area 51 (Aria)
    Lamborghini Z (Zeno)
    Shotgun Blues (Gunner)

Proud to say that none of these names are on there!!! :)
    Gunner’s sire was called Guns N Roses, and his barn name was something like Rosto, which I think is cool!