When most people say “work hard, play hard,” they don’t mean at the same time. But we’re not most people. We’re a little more awesome than that, and we’re willing to bet that you are too.
At SmartPak, we’re serious about supporting healthy horses and happy riders, but we’re also serious about having fun. Our serious side has earned us several major awards for growth and innovation, while our “seriously playful” side landed us a spot on the Boston Globe’s Top 100 Places to Work list and a “Best Bosses” award by Fortune Small Business and Winning Workplaces.
But enough about us – let’s talk about you! Are you confident, capable, creative and passionate? Do you want to know that your work makes a difference? Does a hard-working, collaborative, fast-paced environment sound exciting? Do you go to school or work in the barn during the week? Turn your passion for horses and dogs into a fulfilling part-time position with SmartPak!
This individual is responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with our Riders while providing exemplary customer service. Customer Care Representative’s promote customer loyalty by demonstrating an understanding of our Riders’ horse health care needs, as well as tack, apparel, and supplies, with the goal of increasing sales of SmartPaks, supplements, tack and equipment.
This is a part-time position with shifts in the evenings and weekends. This position does not have the ability to transfer to a full-time position.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Primary role is answering inbound phone calls
- Responsible for all aspects of service and sales including, but not limited to-
- Account management duties including answering calls/emails, placing orders, and providing solutions
- Expert knowledge of SmartPak supplement and supply product lines
- Confidently making product recommendations regarding SmartPaks, supplements and supply product lines
- Driving brand-building initiatives through the execution of marketing programs and promotions
- Responsible for own professional development/growth with assistance from manager in areas, including, but not limited to:
- Personal goal setting
- Team interaction and communication
- Develop individual knowledge and skills in areas such as customer service, consultative selling, SmartPak systems, and equine and canine health and nutrition
- Participate in continuing education programs remotely with team, Staff Veterinarian and vendors
- Maintain strong metrics
- Other special projects!
Position Must Haves:
- Strong equine experience and supplement and product knowledge are a MUST!
- Computer skills are required, along with the ability to comfortably learn new technologies
- Associates Degree preferred
- Sophisticated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient time management and organizational skills
- Exhibits consistent sales skills and willingness to improve upon these skills
- Comfortable working independently, as well as in a group
- Prior telephone and/or retail background outside of SmartPak are a plus
- An outstanding personality and sense of humor!
Interested? Apply now!