Customer Care: Part Time Customer Care Representative (Nights and weekends)

When most people say “work hard, play hard,” they don’t mean at the same time. But we’re not most people. We’re a little more awesome than that, and we’re willing to bet that you are too.

At SmartPak, we’re serious about supporting healthy horses and happy riders, but we’re also serious about having fun. Our serious side has earned us several major awards for growth and innovation, while our “seriously playful” side landed us a spot on the Boston Globe’s Top 100 Places to Work list and a “Best Bosses” award by Fortune Small Business and Winning Workplaces.

But enough about us – let’s talk about you! Are you confident, capable, creative and passionate? Do you want to know that your work makes a difference? Does a hard-working, collaborative, fast-paced environment sound exciting? Do you go to school or work in the barn during the week? Turn your passion for horses and dogs into a fulfilling part-time position with SmartPak!

This individual is responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with our Riders while providing exemplary customer service. Customer Care Representative’s promote customer loyalty by demonstrating an understanding of our Riders’ horse health care needs, as well as tack, apparel, and supplies, with the goal of increasing sales of SmartPaks, supplements, tack and equipment.

This is a part-time position with shifts in the evenings and weekends. This position does not have the ability to transfer to a full-time position.

The Nitty Gritty:

• Primary role is answering inbound phone calls
  • Responsible for all aspects of service and sales including, but not limited to-
    • Account management duties including answering calls/emails, placing orders, and providing solutions
    • Expert knowledge of SmartPak supplement and supply product lines
    • Confidently making product recommendations regarding SmartPaks, supplements and supply product lines
    • Driving brand-building initiatives through the execution of marketing programs and promotions
  • Responsible for own professional development/growth with assistance from manager in areas, including, but not limited to:
    • Personal goal setting
    • Team interaction and communication
  • Develop individual knowledge and skills in areas such as customer service, consultative selling, SmartPak systems, and equine and canine health and nutrition
  • Participate in continuing education programs remotely with team, Staff Veterinarian and vendors
  • Maintain strong metrics
  • Other special projects!

Position Must Haves:

• Strong equine experience and supplement and product knowledge are a MUST!
  • Computer skills are required, along with the ability to comfortably learn new technologies
  • Associates Degree preferred
  • Sophisticated communication skills, both written and verbal
  • Proficient time management and organizational skills
  • Exhibits consistent sales skills and willingness to improve upon these skills
  • Comfortable working independently, as well as in a group
  • Prior telephone and/or retail background outside of SmartPak are a plus
  • An outstanding personality and sense of humor!

Interested? Apply now!

Posted in Jobs

11 comments on “Customer Care: Part Time Customer Care Representative (Nights and weekends)
  1. Kimberly Boutin says:

I am looking for a remote position with smartpak. I would be able to commute for training, etc, but cannot commute four hours daily. Would you have anything available?

Hi Kimberly,
      All of our open positions are currently based in Plymouth, MA. Sorry about that, and thanks for the interest!

2. Deb says:

I spoke with someone at Smartpak yesterday who said you had started having customer care specialists work remotely from all different locations throughout the U.S. However in a question posted May 2, the answer you gave said all your open positions are located in Plymouth, MA. Which is correct?
    Thank you.

Hi Deb,
      While some of our employees now live in other parts of the country, all of our open positions are currently based in Plymouth, MA. Sorry for any confusion around this! -SmartPaker Bjorn

3. Jasmine Jencks says:

Hey there,

So I’m looking for a part time job and I am going to start college in the fall and would love to have some extra money. Is it a problem if I am only 18 years old? If not, I would be interested.

4. Carol says:

So when you do have a remote position open are they also posted
    as a home position?
    Thanks

5. Angie says:

Hello there and happy Monday! I applied for this position a little over a week ago but haven’t heard back yet. Are you still hiring for this position?

Thanks in advance,
    Angie

6. Jethro Craig says:

Hi! I’m a Nationally Certified, Licensed Pharmacy Technician and was wondering if you have or expect any openings in that area? A friend of mine said you do bulking for horses. I’m right down Route 195 from you. Thank you!

7. Sarah M says:

Hi! Will remote positions be posted to this same listing?

8. Robin Kalil says:

I genuinely love the results of my Smart Paks for my horses. I have experience with horses and dogs and have a formal education within the veterinary field. My farm clients use Smart Oaks too, and it would be of great value to train with SmartPak, and become part of the customer service team in Florida! Rewarding would be an understatement, I believe, if I could dream, live, and create relations between this company,myself, and clients. Horses and dogs appreciate the care they receive with good health and attitude. Customer satisfaction is ultimately gained…I feel this would be a very nice position to apply.