The Merchandising Assistant plays in integral role in keeping the Merchandising Team organized by providing high level merchandising support through analysis and reporting, recordkeeping, key business process input maintenance and vendor follow-up and coordination. The Merchandising Assistant also plays a very important role in customer satisfaction by ensuring that expected dates on the web are as updated and accurate as possible for our out of stock products.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Responsible for maintaining Purchase Order records
- Fax/E-Mail Purchase Orders and/or Drop Ship Orders to our Suppliers
- Confirm Purchase Orders and/or Drop Ship Orders (expected delivery date and prices)
- Ensure timely delivery of shipments coordinating with suppliers and warehouse
- Resolve Quarantine and Damages issues for Supply Orders
- Manage backorder list, updating expected dates, processing Backorder Status Change Emails, and coordinating potential fulfillment through store inventory
- Product maintenance items including unit of measure changes, product discontinuation etc.
- Provides support to ensure schedules are met and merchandise is in place
- Provides sales and Customer Care support by researching and responding to Drop Ship Order and internal product expected date inquiries and maintains appropriate records for reference.
- Provide administrative support and coordination for Merchandising team
- Investigate invoicing and pricing discrepancies and complete competitive pricing analysis
- Track new products to ensure that they are delivered prior to catalog drops
- Assists in reporting for the Merchandising team
- Other special projects!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Requires excellent phone skills
- Horse experience is preferred but not required
- Familiar with data entry and Microsoft Office suite: Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment
- Must be able to multi-task and keep all of the tasks organized
- Sophisticated communication skills both verbal and written
- This job requires a lot of follow up, tracking, and attention to detail!
Interested? Apply now