The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for exploring areas of inefficiency and improve processes regarding people, machines, or processes. This position will assist with overall plant layout development and maintenance, integration of new production lines into existing plant layouts; modification of plant layout; individual workstation design and layout development; secondary fixture design reviews for part flow and high labor productivity.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Provide engineering support to plant issues that will impact production.
- Leads employee driven Continuous Improvement Teams
- Organizes & manages Lean efforts.
- Evaluates and executes time-study techniques to establish labor standards.
- Evaluates worker productivity and implements improvements.
- Responsible for labor analysis and line balancing, including machines, warehouse areas, and other production lines
- Design and implement equipment layouts.
- Design and implement plant layouts
- Research and source equipment
- Attend trade shows or visit vendors to research equipment or processes
- Perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes.
- Assist in financial planning and cost analysis.
- Design production planning and control systems.
- Design methods to ensure product quality.
- Estimate production costs.
- Evaluate effects of product design changes.
- Lead project teams
- Train employees on new equipment or processes
- Assist production management with managing production operations
- Present proposals or results of projects
Position Must Have’s:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or Lean Manufacturing
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent presentation stills
- Comfortable taking on leadership role in a group