This individual will be responsible for managing the facility sanitation program, leading the sanitation team and maintaining the master sanitation schedule. You will lead sanitation employees on multiple shifts that work in all areas of the facility.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Build and lead a team , train and develop personnel with respect to Company objectives
- Assist in development, implementation and monitoring of a progressive food safety program
- Effectively train all team members on food safety programs and policies; regularly auditing training efficacy
- Drive continuous improvement and monitor progress of teams
- Assist in designing, improving and installing equipment and systems to improve plant cleanliness
- Update and maintain well-documented records, including facility master sanitation schedule
- Responsible for compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
- Sets the direction for ongoing sanitation verification activities and validation testing
- Lead process of assessing and mitigating food safety risks associated with major maintenance
- Authors, maintains and audits procedures and SSOPs for all plant equipment
- Engages technical experts and chemical suppliers to identify technologies to improve sanitation effectiveness
- Develops and implements all sanitation related training for sanitation and plant employees
- Ensures all safety requirements related to sanitation are met including proper chemical storage, MSDS, PPE
- Completion of daily performance reports, shift paperwork, schedules and timecard review
- Effective communication of organizational and policy changes
- Manage sanitation supply inventories
- Participates in 3rd party and regulatory audits.
Position Must Have’s:
- 2 years as Sanitation leadership role in food or related industry
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfortable taking on leadership role in a group
- A team player with good organizational & analytical skills.
- Must be results-driven with good interpersonal skills.