Stuff Riders Say on Christmas

We know our non-riding friends and family try, but we only have so many places to display horse statues. Don’t let this happen to you – remind your friends and family that a SmartPak Gift Card is a gift that always fits!

Posted in Blogs, Favorites, Funny, Videos

8 comments on “Stuff Riders Say on Christmas
  1. Jackie says:

Ha, ha! Awesome. 🙂 (Although I did notice that a lot of different presents seemed to come out of the same unwrapped Amazon box — including a SmartPak calendar!) 😉

Happy holidays!

2. Lynn says:

Sarah you did much better than I would have!! Hilarious!

3. MissKittyBit says:

After 65+ years as a horse owner & rider, it still happens!! Nailed it!!

4. Huntley Holland says:

I’m 75 years young on Thursay and just fed my last two horses in -7degree weather. But, not a problem, they are cozy in their warm jackets….just annoyed to be sharing their hay with 25 does and bambis! Still horsey and still riding when the weather allows it.

Huntley

• Leslie Thayer says:

Thank you for your post. At 60+ I’m getting raised eyebrows and snide comments that I ride, still take lessons and bought my first horse a year ago! You give me hope and inspiration!! All the best in 2016

5. Ricci says:

Oh my gosh!!! How funny!! I have said these same remarks on numerous Christmas’s and birthdays!! You nailed these!!

6. Jennifer says:

The best present I got was from my dear non-horsey mom. She went to the tack store during one of our lean years and asked them to help her pick something out. They picked out a beautiful hunter green nylon leather inlaid break-away halter, simple and elegant with brass colored fittings and lots of adjustment areas to fit different horses. It was probably pretty pricey for us that year so when I opened it up I was very touched (well as touched as a 16 year old could be a that phase). My mom exclaimed, “Do you like your new bridle?!?!” to which I replied, “Oh mom, it’s not a bridle, it’s a halter!” My poor mom got so upset, thinking she got the wrong thing, but I explained that it was even better than a bridle because it would fit a lot of different horses (I was working at a trail riding place and didn’t have my own horse yet)and that it was so beautiful and she did a great job. 20 years later I still have that halter and while it’s not as pretty or elegant as it was, my boy wears it proudly because it’s my favorite!

7. Cathie says:

Too Funny and oh so true!!