Stuff Riders Say about Fly Spray – Episode 1

Let’s face it – fly sprays are essential, but can be a huge hassle for both you and your horse! And what better way to turn lemons into lemonade than turning your fly spray-related adventures into an episode of Stuff Riders Say!

Did we miss any? Let us know in the COMMENTS, and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE for more fun horsey videos from SmartPak!

At SmartPak, we have a saying — “we get you because we are you.” We’ve got riders of every age, from every discipline, from all across the country who’ve come together with one goal — supporting healthy horses and happy riders. So when it comes to life in the barn, we know a thing or two. We hope you enjoy this silly little montage, celebrating the things we hear (and sometimes say) in the barn.

Posted in Funny, Videos

12 comments on “Stuff Riders Say about Fly Spray – Episode 1
  1. Jeffrey Lesitsky says:

I love the “Phew Phew Phew”. Who hasn’t done that!!

BTW, if you turn the large bottles 90 degrees it doesn’t “glug glug” and pours out more smoothly. It works on any rectangular bottle.

• Carol says:

Has anyone ever heard of a funnel?

• Shannon says:

LOL…that is what I was wondering. It save a mess and you don’t lose it from pouring it. I bought a 3 pack at the dollar store. I labeled it for fly spray use only and everyone shares it. C’mon people, we need to thing outside the box sometimes. HAHA

2. Kaylene Prather says:

Very entertaining and hits close to home. It kills me to loose have the product when pouring. That has to be a marketing tool to sell more product. Really great when you spray them down then they immediately run, stop and roll in the pasture. Thanks, she’s very good in this clip.

3. Jaye Laughlin says:

ONE OUNCE OF “FLICKS” ESSENTIAL OIL CONCENTRATE AND 4 OUNCES OF MARTIN’S PERMETHRIN CONCENTRATE IN A GALLON JUG, ADD WATER TO FILL JUG AND SHAKE WELL; POUR INTO A SPRAY BOTTLE. MAKES A GREAT SMELLING FLY SPRAY THAT’S LESS EXPENSIVE THAN PREMIXED AND WORKS BETTER THAN ALL THE PREMIXED ONES I’VE TRIED…PLUS IT’S CHEAPER.

4. Karen says:

I derive great joy from spraying a fly on my horse and watching it fall onto the ground and die. I also spray myself quite thoroughly when outside to demonstrate to my horses that it is not scary.

5. Barbara Ellmaker says:

A couple years ago I bought a spray bottle with a big opening that has all the ratios for mixing on the side. I can’t imagine how much longer it will last Smart Pak find these bottles make many headaches go away. Thanks

6. Tamara says:

I found in a pinch or going au natural, citronella oil & lavender oil with water work great!
    The best EVER fly spray is ENDURE! I’ve been a carriage driver in New Orleans for years & it’s pricey, but nothing beats it!
    Everyone keep in mind that NOTHING repels flies like a clean animal & stall! Add a sprinkling of Diatomaceous Earth around perimeter & it cuts way down on flies, just from one stall to the next!

7. Tara says:

Funnels are a necessary item. Why people don’t think of them for pouring into smaller bottles….?

8. Tracy says:

Not only do I have a “fly spray” funnel – but I tie it to the gallon refill jug with what else but old baling twine from hay. Funnel is always right where I need it!

9. Cathi says:

Just got some of Ecovet. Flies and bugs still “bug” my mare. But not as bad. Smell isn’t that bad. We’ll see as the rest of summer goes. Personally I think once summer really kicks in the bugs just get immune to all sprays. I have tried several.