You asked, we answered! In this episode of our monthly series, Ask the Vet, Dr. Lydia Gray and SmartPaker Sarah answer your questions about what to know before you own a horse, oversupplementing, 24/7 turnout, what are windpuffs, and how to vaccinate your horse.
Have some of your own questions? Ask away! If your question gets selected to be in one of our Ask the Vet videos, you win a SmartPak Gift Card! How awesome is that!? All you have to do is submit your question on this video before September 5, 2016, using #askthevetvideo.
If your question was answered in this video, reach out to us at CustomerCare@SmartPak.com and let us know! We’ll get your gift card out to you as soon as we can!
You can also ask your questions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or our blog, where you can read all of Dr. Lydia Gray’s Ask the Vet articles!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE so that you know when the next episode comes out – your question may be featured!
Questions answered in this episode:
1. What do you think everyone should know before owning a horse – medically, that is?
2. When does supplementing become too much? I’ve talked to vets and they’ve said different things. What is your opinion, and when does it become too much?
3. What are the pros and cons of 24/7 turnout?
4. My horse has developed gigantic windpuffs in both legs. My vet assures me they are only cosmetic, but I’m concerned this may indicate joint discomfort and/or weakness and want to know if there is anything I should be doing to help combat it?
5. What vaccines should I be giving my horse?