You asked, we answered! In this episode of our monthly series, Ask the Vet, Dr. Lydia Gray and SmartPaker Sarah answer your questions about cannon keratosis, how to remove bot eggs from your horse, most recommended joint supplements, how to increase your horse’s fitness level, and bran mashes.
Have some of your own questions? Ask away! If your question gets selected to be in one of our Ask the Vet videos, you win a SmartPak gift card! How awesome is that!? All you have to do is submit your question on this video before November 1, 2016, using #askthevetvideo.
If your question was answered in this video, reach out to us at CustomerCare@SmartPak.com and let us know! We’ll get your gift card out to you as soon as we can!
You can also ask your questions on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or our blog, where you can read all of Dr. Lydia Gray’s Ask the Vet articles!
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE so that you know when the next episode comes out – your question may be featured!
Questions answered in this episode:
1. What is the fungus horses get on the front of their cannon bones on their back legs, and how can I get rid of it?
2. What’s the best way to control/remove bot eggs from your horse?
3. What is your most recommended joint supplement? And would you recommend an all-in-one supplement for a horse that needs joint support?
4. Any advice on increasing your horse’s fitness level?
5. Are bran mashes beneficial to horses? How often should I feed my horse a bran mash?