The Staff Accountant position will support the Controller and Senior Staff Accountant in the management of the general ledger, audit preparation, reporting and other Accounting duties.
This position will support the Controller and Accounting Manager in the management of the general ledger, audit preparation, reporting and other Accounting duties.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Prepares journal entries; accruals and deferrals
- Maintain reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Audit, verify and enter Expense Reports for payment
- Assists Controller and Senior Staff Accountant in the monthly/quarterly/yearly close
- Prepares sales tax reconciliation
- Reconciles corporate credit card activity
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 -3 years of general ledger Accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel (PowerPivot experience a plus)
- Experience with Accounting/Bookkeeping software (Great Plains preferred)