The Merchandising Assistant is responsible for assisting in purchase and sale activities under the direction of the Buyer. The Merchandising Assistant’s focus will be on aiding Buyers in developing and analyzing business strategies to maximize sales and product development for a department or assigned category(s).
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support to members of the Buying team on horse health related merchandise, including supplements and equine health related products.
- Develop a working knowledge of the buying function including merchandise selection, negotiating, pricing, and sales analysis.
- Communicate across functions to provide information and problem solve
- Assist the Buyer in assortment and category planning.
- Create reports to help analyze category & product performance
- Attends vendor meetings with merchandising team
- Manage supplement set-up process from beginning to end
- Distribute and uploads weekly sales reports to outside agencies
- Monitor competitive landscape, report findings and make product & pricing recommendations.
Other Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides new item activation and forecasting support to support first to market efforts on new products.
- Investigate invoicing and pricing discrepancies.
- Conduct competitive pricing analysis
- Gather feedback on new products being tested by SmartPak Active Riders
- Some travel may be required to buying shows/ vendor sites/customer listening sessions, etc
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in a business environment
- Horse experience preferred
- Sophisticated communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Proficient in Excel Power Pivot Tables, SQL
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and resourceful multi-tasker
- Telephone and/or retail background are a plus