When most people say “work hard, play hard,” they don’t mean at the same time. But we’re not most people. We’re a little more awesome than that, and we’re willing to bet that you are too.
At SmartPak, we’re serious about supporting healthy horses and happy riders, but we’re also serious about having fun. Our serious side has earned us several major awards for growth and innovation, while our “seriously playful” side landed us a spot on the Boston Globe’s Top 100 Places to Work list and a “Best Bosses” award by Fortune Small Business and Winning Workplaces.
But enough about us – let’s talk about you! Are you confident, capable, creative and passionate? Do you want to know that your work makes a difference? Does a hard-working, collaborative, fast-paced environment sound exciting? If so, the Interactive/Web Designer position may be for you!
As the Interactive Designer your role will be to help fashion the look and feel of SmartPak’s ecommerce presence. We build fun, intuitive and polished web experiences that do more than just sell – we go all-out to delight our customers. If you are a web design aficionado who loves marrying brand with intuitive usability on the web, let’s talk!
The Nitty Gritty (how you will spend your time):
- 50% Design Work: Work with the Web Marketing and Marketing team to concept and produce engaging emails, landing pages, and banners.
- 30% Coding: Code and release emails and landing pages using established company and industry best-practices.
- 20% Other: Be the lead Interactive Designer on our special software projects. Develop yourself and sharpen your skills by attending professional development training & courses within SmartPak, as well as through external conferences and seminars.
Position Must have’s:
- 3+ years of professional web design experience
- A portfolio site that clearly demonstrates your ability to deliver compelling design work
- Be a whiz at Photoshop and the entire Adobe Creative Suite
- Quick on your feet and a natural problem solver
- Thrive in an environment that is collaborative, fast-paced, and seriously fun
- Ability to convey design concepts to internal teams and clients through design compositions, working prototypes and style guides. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Sense of humor!
The ideal candidate has all the above plus..
- 5+ years creating engaging designs that look awesome across all devices.
- Effective at presenting design concepts to all levels of an organization. A master at rallying others behind your ideas.
- Expertise in interface design principles including color theory, interactivity, typography, and photography.
- Continuously seeks to improve by learning from other teammates, staying hip to industry developments, and attending conferences and seminars that further web design and development
- Mentors and provides design direction to team and peers.
- Can successfully code pixel perfect for emails and modern web browsers. Knows their way around jQuery.
- Equine or other enthusiast industry experience